The week-long revelation of very deep but simple truths by Pastor Lee continued last night as he was again used by God to reach out to hearts present for the meeting.The topic “To Meet the Bridegroom” was eloquently analyzed using Matthew 24:4-5,Matthew 5:1-13 as key text.
Pastor Lee began by sharing a video clip where we saw visual reproduction of the parable of the ten virgins, thereafter he asked a key question–how are we to watch? We found part of the answer in 1 Thessalonians 5:1-10, where we are urged to avoid sleeping, but instead be sober and put on the breastplate of faith and love; and for a helmet,the hope of Salvation.
Six key symbols were highlighted regarding the parable of the ten virgins as follows:
- Symbol#1 Virgins represents “The Church” (2 Corinthians 11:2)
- Symbol#2 Lamps represents “The Word of God” (Psalms 119:105, Proverbs 6:23)
- Symbol#3 Oil represents “The Holy Spirit” (Exodus 27:20,25:6 , Zachariah 4:6, 2 Peter 1:21, 2 Timothy 3:16)
- Symbol#4 Bridegroom represents “Jesus Christ” (Matthew 9:15)
- Symbol#5.Sleep represents “Death” (Psalms 13:3, Revelation 3:1-3)
- Symbol#6. Darkness represents Ignorance (Isaiah 60:2, Psalms 18:28)
The need for us to be ready at all times was emphasized so we do not end up like the 5 foolish virgins in the parable.
Last night’s attendance: 1 visitor, 108 adults and 32 children, Total= 141
Let’s endeavor to be early to the Sabbath worship meeting which starts at 9:30 a,m,as Pastor Lee would be preaching the 1st part of his sermon for the day at 10.00 am during Sabbath School and continues through the Divine Service. There will be baptisms as well.Then from 2:30 to 4 pm, a Question and Answer session with Pastor Lee.