The Lord has been using Pastor London Lee to reveal deeper, yet simple truths, to us night after night. Last night, Sister Nikisha Lee shared the health nugget by continuing to explore the TEN TALENTS acronym. She spoke on “Nourishing Water” we were reminded that our body needs a lot of water to function properly. Sister Lee explained how we can calculate the amount of water intake that is right for our body.
Body Weight divided by 2 = Daily water intake in ounces.
For example, if you weigh 120, divide it by 2 = 60. Then you should drink 60 ounces of water daily. John 4:14 invites us to drink of the water Christ gives which shall be a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
Pastor Lee Spoke on the Topic “THE SERIOUSNESS OF SIN”. He started by mentioning 3 things God is using to convince man of the seriousness of sin.
- Nature of Sin: It separates us from God (Genesis 2:17). In the Garden of Eden, man had sweet communion with God until man sinned and began to hide from God.
- Consequences of Sin: The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life.
- Demonstration of God’s Love to Sinners: While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8, John 3:16,17).
Then Pastor Lee talked about how God wants to redeem us and buy us back because we are slaves to sin. Jesus is the only way to salvation, there is no other means except through Jesus Christ (John 14:6, Acts 4:12).
Pastor Lee explained that there are 4 lessons God teaches us when we come to Jesus
- Sin Leads to Death – when we transgress God’s law, something has to die. Jesus died for us because of our transgressions. This teaches us that the wages of sin is death. Also, that God loves the sinner but hates sin because sin separates us from God.
- Cost of Forgiveness is the Cross – Jesus had to die on the cross in order for us to receive forgiveness. Forgiveness can only be obtained by blood (Hebrews 9:22). Unfortunately, man has forgotten the significance of the cross. Pastor Lee reminded us of the story of the Brazen Serpent (Numbers 21:4-9, John 3:14-15) that all we need to do is look and leave. The Lord is willing to take away our sins and throw it to the bottom of the sea. He says as far as the east is from the west, so will God separate us from our sins. Just look up to the cross.
- Mediation – Jesus is the only mediator between God and man. We have to offer ourselves to Him and confess our sins because it is only through His mediation that our sins can be forgiven (Hebrews 4:16,10:21,22). We ought to stay close to Jesus because we have the blessed assurance that the devil will flee from us.
- Reconciliation – God has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus and He wants us to reconcile others to Him through the Word of God (2 Corinthians 5:14-21). We ought to have a lifestyle that reflects the Word of God so that people can see Jesus in us and draw closer to God.
Sin equals Death, but praise God for the love and gift of God, which is Eternal Life through Christ Jesus.
We encourage everyone to attend tonight’s (Friday) meeting from 7 to 8:30 p.m. We have a children’s program, snacks are served, and gifts for visitors. Last (Thursday) night’s attendance: 4 visitors 63 adults and 17 children. This Sabbath’s meeting starts at 9:30 a,m, during Sabbath School and continues through the Divine Service. There will be baptisms as well. Then from 2:30 to 4 pm, a Question and Answer session with Pastor Lee.